[l2h] 99.2b8 - bad Contents page

Ross Moore Ross Moore <ross@ics.mq.edu.au>
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 09:51:13 +1100 (EST)

> I second the motion.  I do not get exactly the same behavior with the
> Contents page, mine just has the word Contents, but my bodytext is
> different.
> I can also provide my bodytext contents if it would aid in debugging.

The \bodytext command sets the complete contents of the <BODY> tag,
allowing you to set *all* attributes at once, or just those that you want
to be different from the default provided by the user's browser.

On the other hand,  \htmlbody  lets you set just single attributes.
e.g.

\htmlbody{color=blue}
\htmlbody{bgcolor=yellow}
\htmlcolor{background=mydog.jpg}

adds those 3 attribute settings separately,
for the same result as:

\htmlbody{color=blue,bgcolor=yellow,background=mydog.jpg}

or \bodytext  with the appropriate syntax.

Please try your examples using \htmlbody
and report whether you have the same behaviour regarding the
spurious Table-of-Contents page.