[l2h] % in verbatim environment

Stephen J. Sherman Stephen J. Sherman" <sjs@irvine.com
Fri, 26 May 2000 15:24:00 -0700

> "Stephen J. Sherman" wrote:
> >
> > In the code I have included, latex2html-99.2beta5 seems to interpret
> > the % as the beginning of a comment, even though it is within a
> > verbatim environment.  Is there a way to fix this?
> >
> > LaTeX:
> > -----
> >   \documentclass{report}
> >
> >   \begin{document}
> >
> >   \begin{verbatim} This is a test % of latex2html \end{verbatim}
> >
> >   \end{document}
> >
> > Message in output:
> > -----------------
> > %'Cannot find \end{verbatim}
> >
> > Section from generated html:
> > ---------------------------
> > <P>
> > <tex2html_unfinished_mark>verbatim2#
> > <BR><HR>
> >

> > -- Steve Sherman
> > -- Irvine Compiler Corp.
>
> Try \begin{verbatim} This is a test \% of latex2html \end{verbatim}
> instead.
> --
>
> Reinhard Schaeck

The problem with this is that the \ shows up in the html.  I only want
the % to show up.  If I were writing the LaTeX, I wouldn't write it
the way I did in my example.  But I am translating many preexisting
documents into html.  Some of the LaTeX is non-standard, so I
preprocess the LaTeX before sending it to latex2html.  So I will need
to modify the code for my preprocessor.

-- Steve