[l2h] problem installing beta6 with GS 6.01

Edward J. Czilli Edward J. Czilli" <ejczilli@umich.edu
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 20:28:26 -0400 (EDT)

I have downloaded the beta6 tarball and followed the instructions
for installation under win32 (I run win98).

I am experiencing two problems -- both related to the version of
Ghostscript that is running on my system.

I use ghostscript 6.01.  it installs itself in
c:\program files\aladdin\gs6.01.

Problem 1:

The prefs.pm file will not accept the search path
c:/progra~1/aladdin/gs6.01/bin

Nor will it accept
c:\\progra~1\\aladdin\\gs6.01\\bin

the config.bat script fails to find gswin32c.exe.

Problem 2

If I modify my path from DOS to include
c:\\progra~1\\aladdin\\gs6.01\\bin, then the config script find the
Ghostscript executable.  But it cannot seem to determine the
Ghostscript version.

Since the Ghostscript configuration fails, latex2html informs me
with a warning message that it will be unable to generate images.

Is there any workaroung for GS6.01 under Win32?  I do not want to
have to install an older version of Ghostscript if I can avoid doing
so.

Edward J. Czilli                                            EJCZILLI@UMICH.EDU
Department of Communication Studies
University of Michigan