[l2h] Changing 'Address' in the latex code

Steffen Klupsch Steffen Klupsch <steffen@vlsi.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 18:26:51 +0100

I want to replace my "personal" address label in the .latex2html file
through some code in my latex files.

This is what I started with:
.latex2html included:
$ADDRESS = "<A
HREF=mailto:steffen\@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>$address_data[0]</A>\n<BR><I>$address_data[1]</I>";

I tried to set the ADDRESS in the latex file:
\HTMLset{ADDRESS}{Steffen Klupsch \today  }

that works fine!!

But I want to have a clickable email reference as in the first example.
I am too stupid to code this correct. I tried many variants, the last is
given now:
\HTMLset{ADDRESS}{\HTMLcode[HREF=mailto:my@email.de]{A}{Steffen Klupsch}
\today  }

The latex2html script is confused about any html tags....

I want to use the .latex2html file for multiple latex files, which
forces me to remove the $ADDRESS statement from the .latex2html file.
Is there any way to code the functionality in the latex file?

Regards, Steffen

(Here's the error message for the second latex code:)
 *** translating preamble ***
.................Bareword found where operator expected at (eval 561)
line 1, near ""<A HREF="mailto"
        (Missing operator before mailto?)
Array found where operator expected at (eval 561) line 1, at end of line
String found where operator expected at (eval 561) line 1, near
"@y">Steffen Klupsch</A> 12. Januar 2000""
        (Missing operator before ">Steffen Klupsch</A> 12. Januar
2000"?)
.
 *** preamble done ***

|   Steffen Klupsch                Alexanderstr. 10, D-64283 Darmstadt |
|   TU Darmstadt - FB Inf(20) - FG Integrierte Schaltungen und Systeme |
|   Email:   steffen@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de                        |
|   URL  :   http://www.vlsi.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/staff/steffen/ |
|   Phone:   (+49)6151/16-6650                  Fax: (+49)6151/16-4810 |