[l2h] latex2html and hyperref.sty

Ross Moore Ross Moore <ross@ics.mq.edu.au>
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 09:36:55 +1100 (EST)

> Like many others, I'm trying to prepare documents in parallel to
> generate ps, pdf, and html versions, and I'm using the hyperref
> package for the pdf links.  It seems that hyperref changes the .aux
> file in ways that latex2html doesn't like, the result being that
> figures  and equation links don't get numbers.  Is this a known
> problem?  Is there a fix (other than running latex without hyperref,

Add the following line to any script: latex2html.pin  or html.perl
or an initialisation file.

    sub do_cmd_oldcontentsline { &do_cmd_contentsline(@_) }

In the next release it will be in  latex2html.pin .

> which works but is tedious)?  I'm using latex2html-99.2beta6 from
> 2/17/2000 or so.  I tried using the latex2html option to hyperref also,
> but no change.

No, that won't help.
It is better to load {html}  before {hyperref},
especially if you are using  pdfTeX also.
In this case, it is unnecessary to specify  hyperref explicitly,
since the code in  html.sty  detects that pdfTeX is the translation engine,
and loads  hyperref  anyway, along with further compatibility code.
If you want special options with hyperref, then use
 \PassOptionsToPackage  before the \usepackage{html} .

> the last part of the latex2html output (with hyperref):

> No implementation found for style `dvips'
> No implementation found for style `hyperref'
>
> Substitution of arg to newlabelxx delayed.
>
> No number for "sdasdasd"
   this should no longer occur; you should get the numbers now.