[latex2html] Re: [l2h] pixelimages and latex2html

Ross Moore Ross Moore <ross@ics.mq.edu.au>
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 23:27:57 +1100 (EST)

> Hi,
>
> I also tried to include some GIF images in my LaTeX2HTML document, but after
> much experimenting I still did not succeed. My document
> is segmented. I followed the recipe below, defining in a separate input file
> the following command:
>

> \begin{figure}[tb]
> \popgrowthWorldPop
> \caption{Growth of the world population}
> \label{fig:worldpop}
> \end{figure}

> No figure is included at all! Actually, the content of the figure environment
> is written to the images file and subsequently passed through LaTeX. LaTeX2HTML
> then complains that no image was generated from this figure environment and
> hence reports an error.

Yes, it would be.
Sorry, I forgot to tell you how to overcome this:

\begin{figure}[tb]
\begin{makeimage}
\end{makeimage}
\popgrowthWorldPop
\caption{Growth of the world population}
\label{fig:worldpop}
\end{figure}

That {makeimage} environment causes LaTeX2HTML to make
an image of *only* the contents of the environment.
But since the contents are empty, no image is made at all.
The rest of the {figure} environment is handle as you would
expect, placing the image inside a centered <TABLE>.

BTW, you have to make sure that in the \htmladdimg command
that the path to the image is correct relative to the final
location of the HTML pages --- not of the LaTeX source.
That often means that the relative path should begin with: ../

> Is this all due to the fact that my document is segmented? I use

Nope; no connection with this fact.