[l2h] can't find GS6.01

Steve Mayer Steve Mayer" <mayer@dial.pipex.com
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 17:39:54 +0100

GS6.01 has changed the way it reports version and other information so that
the coding in \bin\config.pl can't find the info it needs. There was a
discussion on this a while ago in this mailing list.

I'm no expert at Perl. Well, to tell the truth I haven't even reached the
beginner
stage, but I have managed to make some changes that will allow latex2html to
install with 6.01. These changes are only a temporary patch and I hope some
of the experts who subscribe to this mailing list will be able to do a
proper job.

Firstly make the changes Luis Seidel suggests in
http://cournot.u-strasbg.fr/yildi/l2h_eng.html. Then

1. In config.bat change the first few lines to:

@ECHO OFF
REM this is a DOS batch file

REM *vital* This is the path to the perl interpreter
set opath=%path%
REM put in the correct paths for perl in the next two lines
set path=%path%;c:\perl\bin;c\perl\lib
set PERL=c:\perl\bin\perl95.exe
REM change the following paths if necessary
set gs_lib=c:\aladdin\gs6.01\lib;c:\aladdin\fonts

REM ------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
ECHO Starting Configuration...

and at the end of config.bat add
ECHO Configuration procedure finished
set path=%opath%
set perl=
set gs_lib=
:END

2. In config.pl (in \config subdirectory) add after
     close(GS);
and before
      # Configure things determined by the Ghostscript version
the 2 lines
    @gs_devs=qw(pnmraw ppmraw);
    $gs_version=6.01;

Config.bat should now run properly. When it's finished you can then run
install.bat to complete the installation.

As I've said before I'm not a Perl expert, so I can't guarantee this and
there are probably (definitely!) better ways of doing it.

Steve Mayer