[l2h] l2h gets into an infinite loop

e.beveridge e.beveridge" <beveridg@unbc.ca
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 14:08:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
	I have had this same problem. With the help of a more knowledgable
friend we traced it to using the package amsmath and \author in the same
file. He even traced it to the perl script I believe but could go no
further. He was having some problems reporting the bug so he may not have.
He does not use l2h so it would not have been a priority.
	My makeshift solution was to comment out \author and then make
another document that just had the maketitle lines. Then after running
both through l2h I cut and pasted the title section into my html page.
Hope that helps

erin beveridge
University of Northern British Columbia
Prince George, B.C., Canada
beveridg@unbc.ca

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Felix Natter wrote:

> Hi,
> when I try to translate one of my files using latex2html,
> it gets into an infinite (long) loop after it writes
> "**preamble done**" (or similar), followed by a semicolon
> It keeps on putting dots on the screen, at varied speed.
> I do not think that I am using weird packages: only amsmath
> and german. When I kill it using Ctrl-C (repeatedly, one time
> won´t suffice), the created directory only contains an empty
> ebenen-Schnittgerade_PF_KF.html file. when I run l2h with -debug,
> it leaves some files in the TMP directory, which I zipped up and put

<SNIP>