[l2h] all structure, no text

Ross Moore Ross Moore <ross@ics.mq.edu.au>
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 09:11:36 +1000 (EST)

> Hi all,
>
> This is my first time submitting to this list. Apologies for any
> redundancy or omissions.
>
> I have installed l2h, which went without a hitch (all requirements are
> met). However, when running the following test file:
>
> \documentclass{book}
> \begin{document}
> \section*{One}
> Some text.
> \section*{Two}
> More text.
> \end{document}
>
> it creates (as expected) four HTML pages, with the correct structure (3
> nodes under one index page) and correct navigation buttons, as well as a
> correct footer with author-name & date. HOWEVER, the pages themselves do
> not contain any text.

Yes.
That is almost certainly because you are using Perl 5.005 compiled to use
multiple program threads.
LaTeX2HTML currently does not work with that latest version of Perl,
UNLESS you recompile it to *not* allow multiple threads.

However, the latest development version of LaTeX2HTML *is*,
(or at least very soon will be) thread-safe.
With any luck it'll be available next week.

You can get alpha versions already, from the development site:
  http://saftsack.fs.uni-bayreuth.de/~latex2ht/

> Adding a mathematical formula or two does generate the GIF images
> associated with those formulas, but still no text.
>
> Any suggestions where in the latex2html script I should look?

Nope. Just get it afresh from the development site.
Your testing would be most welcome.