[l2h] Latex2HTML on Windows98

Marek Rouchal Marek Rouchal <marek@gmx.net>
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 15:15:01 +0200 (MEST)

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Marco La Civita wrote:

> Latex2HTML Hooligans!!!

Hooligans? I don't think there are any around here...

> Can anyone tell me what I have to do to run
> l2h on Windows 98?

* Get the latest distribution (99.2beta) from
  http://saftsack.fs.uni-bayreuth.de/~latex2ht
* Read the README and INSTALL files

> Is there somewhere a very easy to install
> binary version?

That depends on how you define "easy to install". The 99.2 installation
has improved a lot. It essentially boils down to unpacking the .tar.gz
file (WinZIP can do that) and running the CONFIG.BAT and INSTALL.BAT batch
files. Don't forget to read the README and INSTALL file before.
If you are looking for some graphical tool, you may want to look at
ftp://ftp.ese-metz.fr/pub/TeX/win32, but the version is not the latest
there. Still the netpbm, LaTeX and Ghostscript archives there may help
you.

Hope this helps!

-Marek

* Marek Rouchal <marek.rouchal@gmx.net>                            *
* !!! please use only this address, set in the Reply-To header !!! *