[l2h] Wrong TITLEs in frames' *_tf.html files, any fix available?

Chris Fox Chris Fox <C.Fox@gold.ac.uk>
Sat, 15 May 1999 21:27:19 +0100

Using frames.perl in  latex2html 99.1 I notice that the TITLE
attribute in the *_tf.html files are always set to the root name of
the latex source file, which is not the normal latex2html behaviour,
where the value of TITLE is either based on the arguments of \title
and \(sub)section commands, or is set by the -t option or the value
of $TITLE.

This means that the title is not very helpful when using the 4 frame
view---where the table of contents is in the left frame---although it
is fine when using the 3 frame view.

I suspect there is a call to `make_head_and_body' in frame.perl that
has the wrong argument, but my Perl is not good enough to find it.

Anybody got a fix for this?

Chris

P.S. Apologies for any duplicate messages; I originally sent this to
the old latex2html list.

--
Dr. Chris Fox,  Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences, Goldsmiths
College, New Cross, London SE14 6NW, UK.       Email: C.Fox@gold.ac.uk