[l2h] Some problems with 99.1

Chris Fox Chris Fox <C.Fox@gold.ac.uk>
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 11:50:22 +0100

Anders,

With regard to your last two questions: to remove the foonote frame
completely you can set

$NO_FOOTNODE = 2;

or any number greater than 1. As you note, without this you can get
strange artifacts with some browsers if the document has no footnote.
 (E.g. Netscape v4.x seems to display the previously viewed document
in the footnote frame.)

To get a horizontally scrollable Contents frame, set both $TOC_WIDTH
and $CONTENTS_TABLE_WIDTH, e.g.:

$TOC_WIDTH = 210;
$CONTENTS_TABLE_WIDTH = 320;

which displays 210 pixels, and scrolls over the full 320 pixel width.

Chris

--
Dr. Chris Fox,  Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences, Goldsmiths
College, New Cross, London SE14 6NW, UK.       Email: C.Fox@gold.ac.uk