[l2h] philosophical musing

Bek Oberin Bek Oberin <gossamer@tertius.net.au>
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 10:54:48 +1000

Ross MOORE wrote:
>>> The real issue is that you should decide how you would like to
>>> handle particular environments or commands in HTML, then adjust
>>> the definition to match.
>> It seems so ODD to frob the latex not the perl ...  argh.
> Yes, you could this simply in Perl too:
> sub do_cmd_shadowbox { &do_cmd_framebox(@_) }
> However the point is that LaTeX source should be viewed as *markup*
> not as implementation code.

I guess it's just because I'm more used to perl than to HTML, but
it doesn't seem like implementation to frob the Perl.  It's more
like ... frobbing hooks and macros like I do in S-Lang for SLRN so
everything works as I want.

This is not saying your way's wrong, just different :).

bekj

--
: --Hacker-Neophile-Eclectic-Geek-Grrl-Queer-Disabled-Boychick--
: gossamer@tertius.net.au   http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/