[l2h] l2h 99.1 for windows

Fabrice POPINEAU Fabrice POPINEAU <popineau@ese-metz.fr>
17 Apr 1999 11:44:15 +0200

There is a very first version of an auto-installable version
of l2h 99.1 for windows in :

ftp://ftp.ese-metz.fr/pub/tex/win32-beta/l2h-99.1-win32-beta1

Get all the files. Beware : Netscape  does not like the filenames with
underscores. Run setup.exe. It is intended to unpack ontop of fptex
(http://www.ese-metz.fr/~popineau/fptex).

What setup should do :

- assume a root installation of c:/TeX
- unpack l2h files in c:/TeX/l2h and some style files in
  c:/TeX/texmf/tex/latex/latex2html
- unpack netpbm files in c:/TeX/netpbm
- optionally unpack Perl in the directory of your choice,
  say c:/TeX/perl
- add c:\TeX\l2h, c:\TeX\netpbm, and optionally c:\TeX\perl\bin,
  c:\TeX\perl\bin\MSWin32-x86 to your PATH
- set L2HMODULE to c:/TeX/l2h in your enviroment

Next, you should be able to run :

latex2html <options> foo.tex

Win95 users will have to reboot.

To overcome the limitation of 9 arguments on the .bat files generated
by pl2bat, I have written a quick .exe replacement. The runperl.exe
program in the l2h directory should be used like this :

- assuming perl.exe on your PATH,
- assuming a latex2html perl script in the current directory,
- copy runperl.exe to latex2html.exe
- then you can run latex2html with as many parameters as you want on
the command line.

I'm off for the next week, but feel free to report about this trial version.
My only test : I have been able to process the manual, which is not
even included for the moment.

(Sorry for GUT members : this is not a French message).

--
Fabrice POPINEAU