[Indic-dev] Indica-TeX

H S Rai indic-dev@tug.org
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 16:45:18 +0530 (IST)

Yesterday at 1:04pm +0530 Dr. Dinesh Karia wrote:

>   style files. Still I  have not written any class or  style file of
>   my own. As far as other components, viz the font-design, tfm, type
>   1 fonts etc are concerned, I am  a novice. So, I too have to learn
>   and develop  the things so  that we  can develop Gujarati  fd, tfm
>   etc.

Please read a message from PRC list,
http://mail.sarai.net/mailman/listinfo/prc as given below.

H.S.Rai

    Fred> This  is   a  note  I   received  from  Dr  Hema   A  Murthy
    Fred> <hema@lantana.tenet.res.in> of IIT-Madras. Anyone wanting to
    Fred> know more or get involved  in the Indianisation of GNU/Linux
    Fred> could get in touch with her. Thanks, FN

    Fred> On Sun, 8 Dec 2002, Hema A Murthy wrote:

    >> Yes, we  will do that.   We have completed the  localisation to
    >> Hindi with  appropriate .po  and .mo files  created.  I  do not
    >> think we have updated the website -  we will do it asap (by Dec
    >> 13th). -hema

    >> From hema@lantana.tenet.res.in Sun Dec 8 10:42:05 2002

    Fred> We have  KDE applications customised for  Hindi under linux.
    Fred> -hema

I'd appreciate if someone would put  some effort into figuring out how
to encode the Devnagari font developed by two school students, Avneesh
and  Shivaas, in  Unicode.  The  font is  available for  download from
http://linux-delhi.org/  . Avneesh  and Shivaas  would also  like some
tips  and hints  on  how  to make  their  product  more effective  and
better-looking (ligatures, hinting, whatever you experts do to sharpen
fonts).

Regards,

Raju