[ho-tex] CTAN Upload: pdfcrop

Petra Ruebe-Pugliese petra at ctan.org
Sat Jun 6 08:45:48 CEST 2020

Hello Ulrike,

Thanks for this upload:

On Fri 05 Jun 2020 at 23:34:39 +0200  CTAN Portal Service <no-reply at ctan.org> wrote:

> Package:        pdfcrop
> Type:           announce
> Version:        1.39 2020/05/24
> Uploader:       Ulrike Fischer <ho-tex at tug.org>
> Location:       /support/pdfcrop
> License:        lppl
              See (2) below
> Home:           https://github.com/ho-tex/pdfcrop
> Support:        https://github.com/ho-tex/pdfcrop
> Bugs:           https://github.com/ho-tex/pdfcrop/issues
 [...]
> Announcement:
> * adapted to pdf version 2.0,
> * adapted the luatex code to the current luatex primitives
> * corrected a problem with the pdfversion setting when using xetex.
> * added an uncompress option (for debugging)
>
> Note:
> we moved pdfcrop now under the ho-tex support group repository too.
   Okay.

But there are still a number of small inconsistencies which I'd
like you to clean up before installing the update on the archive:

(1) We have the old (but updated) README which can be considered
    as the main package documentation, and a new, succinct
    README.md.   The two might get in each others way.
    One possible way to solve the conflict, if you want to keep
    both of them, might be renaming the old README to pdfcrop.txt
    (package documentation in .txt format — why not?)

(2) The license:
    README and pdfcrop.pl say lppl1.2,
    LICENSE and README.md say lppl1.3c.
    Please unify!

(3) Also the copyright statements in pdfcrop.pl and in the two
    README files are not quite the same.
    Which version shall we adopt for the Catalogue?

Please correct these little discrepancies and re-upload.  Thanks!

       Kind regards,
    Petra Rübe-Pugliese
     for the CTAN team

--
Please send messages to ctan at ctan.org in English only.
Please do not send HTML messages, they are held in our spam filter.