[ho-tex] Feedback for /pkg/oberdiek?lang=en

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 15:52:40 CET 2017

On 1 November 2017 at 14:03, Victor Eijkhout <eijkhout at tacc.utexas.edu> wrote:

> On Nov 1, 2017, at 8:58 AM, David Carlisle <d.p.carlisle at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> you should never get that, like docstrip, ltxdoc is part of the base
> latex distribution.
>

> Yeah, I’m not sure what I broke.
>
> So let’s just limit my comments to the dtx handling in the README.
> Instructions for unpacking would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Victor.

I could add something I suppose. The ctan page
https://ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/oberdiek
does document that you just run plain tex on the dtx file so

tex ifpdf.dtx

If you want to build everything then the script that I reverse
engineered to build a distribution when we
started this ho-tex github is available as:

https://github.com/ho-tex/oberdiek/blob/master/mkctan

getting the Lua parts and other dependencies in place is a bit tricky
for some packages:-)