[ho-tex] hyperref releases on puszcza

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Wed May 25 08:57:50 CEST 2016

On 25 May 2016 at 03:39, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
> I don't know if it's of interest, but Heiko uploaded many releases of
> hyperref to ftp://download.gnu.org.ua/release/hyperref: 6.80s through
> 6.83m.
>
> I'll leave the download area active at
> https://puszcza.gnu.org.ua/projects/hyperref/ for that reason ... -k

Thanks, that reminds me, I started github from the ctan download 0.83m
but I recently found on svn.gnu.org.ua

http://svn.gnu.org.ua/viewvc/hyperref/trunk/hyperref.dtx?revision=1453

which appears to be an unreleased 0.83n

Apart from the version date it would quite easily merge with the
current github sources but I didn't do that yet as it wasn't clear why
it wasn't released, was there a problem with the code, or did it just
not happen?

A bunch of the changes were moving \leavevmode forwards before any
\begingroup, these changes I understand, I had to make similar changes
in graphics/x but then there were changes in the internal code that I
didn't fully follow.

The change log for that release is in the github source commented out it says

<ENTRY date="2012-12-08" version="6.83n-" by="&HO;">
* 6.83n (not released to ctan, to be merged)
* http://svn.gnu.org.ua/viewvc/hyperref/trunk/hyperref.dtx?revision=1453
* Support for \texorpdfstring inside counter values (used for
  anchor names).
* Validation for option `pdfstartpage' added.
* pdfmark drivers: support for `pdfview' added (except `FitR').
* pdfmark drivers: support for nested annotations added.
* Some fixes for babel shorthands (bug introduced in v6.83d).
</ENTRY>

Heiko, Karl,
do you have any recollection of this version and its status, should I
merge it in?

David