[ho-tex] vertical spacing with amsmath+fleqn+hyperref

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun May 15 01:16:21 CEST 2016

Hi,
when I use hyperref and amsmath with the fleqn option, extra vertical
space is added.

   \documentclass{article}
   \usepackage[fleqn]{amsmath}
   \usepackage{hyperref}

   \begin{document}
      \begin{equation}
         a+b=c
      \end{equation}
      \begin{equation}
         a+b=c
      \end{equation}
      \begin{equation}
         a+b=c
      \end{equation}
      \begin{equation}
         a+b=c
      \end{equation}
   \end{document}

Everything is fine without the amsmath package

   \documentclass[fleqn]{article}
   \usepackage{hyperref}

and everything is fine without the fleqn option

   \documentclass{article}
   \usepackage{amsmath}
   \usepackage{hyperref}

I already discussed the problem with Heiko at Dante-2014 but Heiko
told me that he probably hasn't enough time to investigate.  Could
anybody else look into it?

Of course, whatsits have an impact on linebreaks and hyperref takes it
into account.  It seems that hyperref simply doesn't support
amsmath+fleqn (yet).

BTW, even without hyperref, vertical spacing doesn't look correct.
When amsmath is used *and* the fleqn option is set, there is more
vertical space between the first and second equation than between
others.  But this is certainly an amsmath issue and unrelated here.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Karl, thank you very much for establishing this mailing list.

Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:reinhard.kotucha at web.de