[gentium] gentium -> victor?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 12:09:48 CEST 2015

Oh, since when do we have gentium at tug.org?

>     1.) We probably need to check whether any slots in *.enc files can be
>     filled after the update (which has probably introduced new glyphs).
>
> Yes, it did.
>
> For convenience, below is the detailed entry from
> gentium/doc/fonts/gentium-tug/GentiumPlus/FONTLOG.txt
> Yikes.  Not sure when or if I'll be up for dealing with all that.
> Pavel, any chance?

We can always make a release as-is, but see below.

>     2.) We should probably rebuild the tfm files following
>     http://svn.gnu.org.ua/viewvc/gentium?view=rev&revision=11.
>
> You're right.  Sigh.

I can run the script to regenerate the tfm files. But in case that
we'll change the enc files, we should change the enc files first.

>     3.) Slightly lower priority. I see that Gentium provides Vietnamese
>     Style (see GentiumPlus-features.pdf) which our t5 encoding doesn't
>     use, but probably should.
>
> If one of you wants to look.  Or maybe I can recruit someone else who
> knows Vietnamese.  In any case, I wouldn't hold up the release for it.
> As opposed to the other stuff you mention.

I agree. Fixing Vietnamese is not the top priority at the moment.

In any case, if you need Victor's approval, you can already ask for it
now. LaTeX support and whether or not we have all the glyphs in "LaTeX
Symbol" section covered shouldn't influence the approval of the Type 1
conversion in any way.

We could:
- ask Victor for approval (Karl)
- regenerate the tfm files (I volunteer)
- release
- ask other TeX users to take a look; and then we can release
improvements of the TeX support later

Mojca