[Fontinst] Development history reconstruction

Lars Hellström Lars.Hellstrom at residenset.net
Tue Jun 23 19:26:29 CEST 2009

Werner LEMBERG skrev:
>>> Also, FWIW, I agree with Werner's suggestion to use savannah (or
>>> gna -- anything but sourceforge, which is soooo slow and painful
>>> and full of advertising).
>> The catch there would be that savannah only supports CVS (AFAICT
>> from the docs; they're not at all clear on the matter)
>
> I use git on Savannah for my CJK project since more than a year; see,
> for example
>
>   http://git.savannah.nongnu.org/

Oh! Indeed the page
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/WhyChooseSavannah clearly says it
has git. Pity though that the front page doesn't indicate this page
might be relevant (link is merely titled "More...", and follows "Our
service runs with 100% free software, including itself")...

All in all, I still find myself somewhat unimpressed by savannah,
especially regarding the state of documentation.