[Fontinst] fonts in pdftex vs tex+ghostscript

Miguel Morales Arias miguelpt at mixmail.com
Mon Jul 11 10:42:39 CEST 2005

>???
>Without privileges, I would not expect to be able to install
>a new font.

Well, I guess that depends on what one understands by "installing
a font". :-)  Actually, I've finally succeded in installing two new
fonts in my user account and they work flawlessly both with pdftex
and tex+ghostscript!

The only change with respect to Lehman's guide has been the
modification of the file pdftex.map instead of pdftex.cfg. I've copied
pdftex.map to ~Library/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/ and appended
at the end the text in the map files for the fonts.

Probably not the best way of installing the fonts, I agree, and I'm
afraid that it may not work if the directory structure is changed in
future revisions, but it'll do for the time being.

Best regards,
Miguel