[Fontinst] title graphic

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Thu Jun 16 23:56:35 CEST 2005

Hi,

Reinhard Kotucha schrieb:

>   > I can see a difference for Helvetica on screen in AR7 under
>   > Windows. The original looks a bit clearer (without zooming) and I
>   > think the file size gets smaller.
>
> Under Windows you'll certainly see Arial instead of Helvetica on
> screen.  Maybe you can look into the Acrobat menue (File->Document
> Properties->Fonts) to see which font is used.  If you send the file to
> a printer, however, you might get Helvetica.

>From my limited understanding I thought you probably see Arial when the
font isn't embedded. Which font do you see in this file:
<URL:home.arcor.de/stephanhennig/Downloads/helv.pdf>?

I built it with the appended source with thc.map as described in the
last mail.

Regards,
Stephan Hennig

\pdfmapfile{thc}
\pdfmapfile{+psfonts}
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{helvet}
\renewcommand*{\familydefault}{\sfdefault}
\usepackage{lipsum}
\begin{document}
\lipsum
\end{document}