[Fontinst] Re: Bug in fontinstversion{1.927}

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Feb 3 17:28:13 CET 2005

Am 03.02.2005 um 13:06 schrieb Vladimir Volovich:

> I think that i dealt with the same problems when preparing the
> LucidaSO support a few years ago. Namely, the glyphs in the Lucida
> fonts which came with StarOffice were buggy.
>
> You may look at this package at
> ftp://ftp.vsu.ru/pub/tex/font-packs/lucidaso/
>
> i solved this problem using fontinst, without touching the PFB files.

Vladimir, thank you for your offer! I looked at your package last
summer or autumn.

If it were my aim to simply install the Lucida fonts, I would have used
your set of files, that looks complete. Actually my aim is to find a
more general way to make TrueType fonts available to TeX, and not only
pdfTeX. And I want to break out from the limitation of Latin scripts
and mathematics, since in Europe at least a few more scripts are used,
Greek and some forms of Cyrillic. (My other aim is to make Peter
Wilson's work on archaic scripts available too since Code2001 has
them.) Modern Greek and Cyrillic is often contained, so why not use
these offers?! Since I do not know that much about modern Greek and
Cyrillic someone else would have to do the actual implementation, at
least I could help with some homework.

For Latin scripts I want it to be easily usable not needing to care of
deviating glyph names in TrueType. I want to include a dotless j (with
Eddie Kohler's programme) too. And of course math with TrueType Lucida.

--
Greetings

   Pete

"Evolution"            o           __o                     _o _
""