[Fontinst] Little problem with Fontinst v1.927

Lars Hellström Lars.Hellstrom at math.umu.se
Tue Nov 23 13:55:15 CET 2004

At 00.44 +0100 04-11-23, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>Hello!
>
>When I write this in my fontinst file 'formatted'
>
>      92 \installfonts
>      93   \installfont {slsrt7t} {slsrt8r, slsrt7t-03,
>latin}{OT1}{7t}{sls}{m}{n}{}
>      94 \endinstallfonts

(I presume the 92, 93, and 94 aren't really there.)

>I get this as output
>
>(./slsrt8r.mtx)
>
>! \install... error:
>         `slsrt7t-03' is not a defined keyword.
>

>Is this sentivity against spaces normal and unavoidable? Without the
>spaces it works ...

In the metrics argument of e.g. \installfont, comma is the primary
separator character and space is secondary, so sensitivity to spaces is
normal. Since empty file names don't make sense, it would technically be
possible to gobble a space in that particular position, but none of the
other arguments gobble spaces in that way.