[Fontinst] Re-encoded ligatures and searching

WillAdams at aol.com WillAdams at aol.com
Sun Oct 31 03:57:50 CET 2004

I was cleaning out my e-mail and came across this: I believe Lars said it?

> 2. A similar mechanism is defined for TrueType fonts: the 'Zapf' table.
>    http://developer.apple.com/fonts/TTRefMan/RM06/Chap6Zapf.html
>  Again, I suspect most programs don't look for this and most fonts doesn't
>  contain any.

Correct on both counts (but pretty much all of Apple's fonts bundled w/ Mac
OS X do have it).

Marcel Weiher's wonderful TextLightning.app is the only app I'm aware of
which will make use of such information. (It parses a .pdf and provides a .rtf of
the text).

http://www.metaobject.com for those who're curious. (ob. discl. I was a beta
tester and got a free license --- no other affiliation though).

William