[Fontinst] Adding unencoded glyph

Walter Schmidt w.a.schmidt at gmx.net
Wed Mar 31 13:57:59 CEST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:40:05 +0200, Ulrich Dirr wrote:

> The original currency sign is stored as
>'oldcurrency'. Of course when generating the text companion fonts I
>want both characters.

The 8r encoding vector does not 'catch' any glyph named 'oldcurrency',
so it is not available, as long as you are going via TeXBase1 encoding,
as usual.

You need to define a private encoding vector and a related etx file
which have 'oldcurrency' in the place of currency; then make sure
that this glyph is substituted for the missing 'currency' in the TS1
encoding.  I'd say this is rather pointless; nobody needs this symbol!

Walter