[Fontinst] T2A Minion

Ulrich Dirr ud at art-satz.de
Thu Sep 4 18:43:26 CEST 2003

Hi.

Hope I don't bother you.

My next step for Adobe Minion was T2A encoding. I used the following
setup:

--- minion-cyr.tex -------------------------------------------------
\input fontinst.sty
\input fnstcorr
\input cyralias
\installfonts

\fontinstcc
\def\glyph_parameter#1#2{
   \if_defined{g-#2}\then
     \expandafter\expandafter\expandafter
       #1\csname g-#2\expandafter\endcsname
   \else\if_defined{g-#2-not}\then
    \expandafter\expandafter\expandafter
      #1\csname g-#2-not\expandafter\endcsname
%  \else
% error: glyph not set
   \fi\fi
}
\normalcc

\installfonts
\resetint{minimumkern}{4}
\recordtransforms{pmn-map}
\transformfont{pmnr8r}{\reencodefont{8r}{\fromafm{pmnr8a}}}
\transformfont{pmnrz}{\reencodefont{T2A}{\fromafm{pmnr6w}}}
\installfont{pmnr6a}{pmnrz,cyrillic,pmnr8r,pmnr8x,latin}{T2A}{T2A}{pmn
x}{m}{n}{}
\endrecordtransforms
\endinstallfonts

\input finstmsc.sty
\declarepsencoding{T2A}{T2AAdobeEncoding}{\download{t2a.enc}}
\resetstr{PSfontsuffix}{.pfb}
\adddriver{dvips}{pmn.map}
\input pmn-map
\donedrivers
\bye

I got the following warnings

Warning: missing glyph `breve'.
Warning: missing glyph `cedilla'.
Warning: missing glyph `angleleft'.
Warning: missing glyph `angleright'.
Warning: missing glyph `endash'.
Warning: missing glyph `emdash'.
Warning: missing glyph `perthousandzero'.
Warning: missing glyph `dotlessj'.
Warning: missing glyph `CYRGHCRS'.
Warning: missing glyph `CYRSHHA'.
Warning: missing glyph `CYRZHDSC'.
Warning: missing glyph `cedilla'.
Warning: missing glyph `CYRKDSC'.
Warning: missing glyph `CYRKBEAK'.
Warning: missing glyph `CYRKVCRS'.
Warning: missing glyph `CYRAE'.
Warning: missing glyph `CYRNDSC'.
Warning: missing glyph `CYRNG'.
Warning: missing glyph `CYRFITA'.
Warning: missing glyph `cedilla'.
Warning: missing glyph `CYRY'.
Warning: missing glyph `CYRYHCRS'.
Warning: missing glyph `CYRHDSC'.
Warning: missing glyph `CYRCHVCRS'.
Warning: missing glyph `CYRCHRDSC'.
Warning: missing glyph `CYRSCHWA'.
Warning: missing glyph `cyrghcrs'.
Warning: missing glyph `cyrshha'.
Warning: missing glyph `cyrzhdsc'.
Warning: missing glyph `cedilla'.
Warning: missing glyph `cyrkdsc'.
Warning: missing glyph `cyrkbeak'.
Warning: missing glyph `cyrkvcrs'.
Warning: missing glyph `cyrae'.
Warning: missing glyph `cyrndsc'.
Warning: missing glyph `cyrng'.
Warning: missing glyph `cyrfita'.
Warning: missing glyph `cedilla'.
Warning: missing glyph `cyry'.
Warning: missing glyph `cyryhcrs'.
Warning: missing glyph `cyrhdsc'.
Warning: missing glyph `cyrchvcrs'.
Warning: missing glyph `cyrchrdsc'.

Should I call the raw T2A transformed font pmnr6r instead of pmnrz?

I think the missing 'cyr...' glyphs are ok because they don't exist in
Minion Cyrillic. But breve and cedilla should be taken from pmnr8r and
thus the combined glyphs Ccedilla etc should be generated. Interesting
is the fact that fontinst complains endash and emdash but when
printing a char table they showed up.

Is this fontinst file ok?

I thought I've done the following steps:

1. transform Minion-Regular to raw font with 8r encoding:
   \transformfont{pmnr8r}{\reencodefont{8r}{\fromafm{pmnr8a}}}
2. transform MinionCyr-Regular to raw font with T2A encoding:
   \transformfont{pmnrz}{\reencodefont{T2A}{\fromafm{pmnr6w}}}
3. install font with metrics of raw T2A encoded font, cyrillic.mtx,
   raw 8r Minion-Regular, raw Minion Expert font, latin:
\installfont{pmnr6a}{pmnrz,cyrillic,pmnr8r,pmnr8x,latin}{T2A}{T2A}{pmn

Is this correct? Maybe the sequence isn't ok?

Best regards,
Ulrich Dirr