[Fontinst] How to install math fonts

Walter Schmidt w-a-schmidt at arcor.de
Sat Feb 1 18:20:29 CET 2003

On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 17:13:40 +0100, Marjan Jerman wrote:

>I've just written my PhD with
>Adobe Garamond + Mathkit math fonts (symbols looking
>Baskervillish) and it looks marvelous.

MatKit is not MathInst.  And, to my knowledge, MathKit
creates MF fonts only, not Type1 -- is this correct?

>I didn't make the zbvpad by myself: one of my friends, who
>is a real font expert did. [...] But some
>experience, patience and hard work produced great results.

Surely, but MathKit claims to do _without_ these.  With
experience, patience and hard work, however, I can do it
myself ;-)

>[...] new version of xagaramond. The only problem that
>appeared was the height of the letter \v{C}. I had to smash
>it manually to avoid unaestethic baselineskip.

Oh :-(

Could you, please, send me via priate mail an example file
to reproduce the problem?  TIA!

--
Walter