large glyph sets

Lars Hellström Lars.Hellstrom@math.umu.se
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 07:54:32 -0500

At 17.04 +0100 2000-12-06, Thierry Bouche wrote:
>Hi fontinst folks,
>
>I'd like to have a relatively systematic way to install TTFs or OTFs
>with many glyphs.
>
>one way is though Omega, another way (more friendly to me) is to use
>pdftex.
>
>What I'd need then would be ETX/ENC files for all the standard
>encodings used in greek, cyrillic, and maybe the other bizarre things
>one finds in WGL4, Unicode or other TTF encodings (like linotype
>palatino).
>
>Did someone do part of this?

I suspect Vladimir's cyrfinst cover cyrillic. The version on CTAN might be
a bit unsuitable for your needs though since the alias mechanism used isn't
compatible with the automatic map file writer, but that will be fixed in
fontinst v1.915. I sent Vladimir some modified files concerning that a
couple of months ago, but I haven't heard anything about it since.

As for other alphabets I don't know, but such files would certainly be nice
to have.

Lars Hellström