[Q] setting the xheight

Rolf Marvin Bøe Lindgren r.m.b.lindgren@usit.uio.no
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 21:21:07 -0500

one of my users is unfortunate enough to have to cope with a rather
demanding publishing standard, which has strict demands on the x-height
of the Times Roman SmallCaps.  I've volunteered to try and find out how
to set up a special virtual smallcaps font for this particular
publication, and wonder -

     -  could this be done just by changing font dimensions from TeX
        instead - there are registers that deal with certain aspects of
        font sizes and proportions, right?

     -  if I _have_ to use fontinst to create an alternative virtual
        smallcaps font, are there any snags I should be advised to be
        aware of?  is this covered in the manual?

--
Rolf Lindgren
roffe@tag.uio.no