Faking the ligatures

Primoz Peterlin peterlin@biofiz.mf.uni-lj.si
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 16:39:17 -0400

Thank you for your prompt answer!

On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Walter Schmidt wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Sep 2000 22:54:04 +0200 (METDST), Primoz Peterlin wrote:
> >\installfont{ulgr8t} {ulgr8r,latin} {T1}{T1}{ulg}{m}{n}{}
> This means that your virtual font ulgr8t is based on the
> 8r-reencoded font ulgr8r.  So your fontmap must provide the
> latter by reencoding LE21004L.PFB appropriately:
>
> ulgr8r LetterGotLEE-Medi " TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc <LE21004L.PFB

I just knew I was going to omit some important detail in my post...

But no, I have the line you mention included in my psfonts.map. In hope it
might help I even have included the line:

ulgr8a  LetterGotLEE-Medi  <LE21004L.PFB

Even though this is wrong - the -8a suffix is supposed to denote Adobe
Standard Encoding, not some arbitrary one like CP1250, which LE21004L.PFB
is actually using.

> I assume your problem resulted from the wrong fontmap.

Most likely. I suspect that

\transformfont{ulgr8r} {\reencodefont{8r}{\fromafm{ulgr8a}}}

expects that the fi and fl ligatures are there (they would have been
there, if ulgr8a would indeed use Adobe Standard Encoding), and the
virtual font ulgr8t expects that the ligatures are present in ulgr8r,
while in fact it is referring to an empty space. If I am right, there is
probably a step where I can fill in the missing ligatures before producing
the ulgr8t? Or am I wrong altogether?

With kind regards, Primoz

--
Primo&zcaron; Peterlin,   Inštitut za biofiziko, Med. fakulteta, Univerza v Ljubljani
Lipi&ccaron;eva 2, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenija.  primoz.peterlin@biofiz.mf.uni-lj.si