fontinst catcodes

Karsten Tinnefeld tinnefeld@noether.cs.uni-dortmund.de
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 16:09:13 -0400

Maybe I am the only one who needs this, but I would suggest to put the
catcode changes made in fontinst.sty into \def initions. I have a file
called fi-catcodes.tex that

% Provides Commands to set the catcodes according to fontinst internal
% conventions. Used for transparently hacking fontinst.
%
% Karsten Tinnefeld <karsten@tinnefeld.com>, Sonntag, 15. August 1999
%
\def\fontinstcc{%
  \catcode`\ =9
  \catcode`\^^M=9
  \catcode`\@=11
  \catcode`\_=11
  \catcode`\~=10
  }%
\def\normalcc{%
  \catcode`\@=\atcatcode
  \catcode`\^^M=\nlcatcode
  \catcode`\ =\spacecatcode
  \catcode`\~=\tildecatcode
  \catcode`\_=\underscorecatcode
  }%
\endinput

This is useful for example to customize the width setting for one font,
having a build file like below, where line number two should be
superfluous, in my opinion.

\input fontinst.sty
\input fi-catcodes
\fontinstcc
\def\latin_widths{
   \latin_width{}{}
   \latin_width{n}{c}
   \latin_width{q}{q}
}
\normalcc
\latinfamily{bct}{}
\latinfamily{bctd}{}
\bye

Karsten
--
Karsten Tinnefeld                       tinnefeld@ls2.cs.uni-dortmund.de
Fachbereich Informatik, Lehrstuhl 2                   T +49 231 755-4737