fontinst and OSF

Ralph Aichinger ralph@oeh.uni-linz.ac.at
Mon, 1 May 2000 08:57:51 -0400

Hello!

I am a rather unexperienced user of TeX and fontinst, but I want to
try installing a font with oldstyle figures nevertheless.

I followed the example in the documentation and installing it worked
for me, but I have one problem: I want OSF as a default, even in
page and section numbers, as well as in text, without the \oldstylefigs
command.

In the german-speaking TeX newsgroup I was pointed towards the
ECO package, but this works only with CM fonts -- and to me it
too complicated to understand what magic it does to get OSF in
the place of tabular figures.

Any hints that save me from butchering up the font in Fontographer?

TIA
/ralph