\fromafm always regenerates mtx file

Vladimir Volovich vvv@vvv.vsu.ru
Wed, 19 May 1999 15:11:23 -0400

"LH" == Lars Hellström writes:

 LH> I disagree in this case. By saying \fromafm you explicitly
 LH> specify that you want to get the metrics from the AFM. Had you
 LH> wanted to take them from the MTX, you would have said
 LH> \frommtx.

i have to agree, --- sounds reasonable. :-) thanks a lot for
clarification (will use \fommtx in case i really want it). (and thanks
to Alan Jeffrey for clarifications about sidebearings in smallcaps
fonts --- actually, i noticed that e.g. in CM smallcaps fonts the
widths of uppercase letters are also bigger than the ones for `normal'
fonts).

	Best regards, -- Vladimir.