Installing and naming unusual variants

Felix Chang changfkk@dds.nl
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 10:46:07 -0500

Hello

I am not an experienced fontinst expert, but I do have some questions
which I have not found answered in the documentation:

I have some Bitstream fonts (PFB+AFM) which are "variants", e.g.

bhvrt8a.afm		Helvetica Monospaced
bhvbl8ac.afm		Helvetica Condensed Outline

etc.

My questions are:

1) What \latinfamily commands do I need to create the necessary vpl, mtx
and
	.pl files.
2) How to use these fonts (I use the nfss) ?

I could of course create a "new" font, e.g. yyyr8a instead of bhvrt8a.
But
I want to use the *shape* changing commands in nfss.

Any hints, tips, suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Felix
--
ir F.K.K. Chang                                    Haarlemmerstraat 303
http://stad.dsl.nl/~changfkk                             2312 DV Leiden