bug in fontinst 1.801: duplicated kernings (was: ae fonts Q)

Alan Jeffrey ajeffrey@cs.depaul.edu
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 15:12:11 -0500

Lars Hellström wrote:

> The basic idea behind my fix is to change the routines under \etxtovpl that
> writes kerning and ligature instructions to the VPL file so that they write
> at most one kerning or ligature instruction for each pair of characters,
> namely the one which would end up first in the VPL file.

This seems like a reasonable solution, although it means we can only
have \setkern, not \resetkern.  I think we can live with that.

The space/time efficiency sounds good!  Much better than I'd expected.

Alan.