Behaviour of \latinfamily

Thierry Bouche Thierry.Bouche@ujf-grenoble.fr
Fri, 29 May 1998 14:16:56 +0200 (MET DST)

Concernant « Re: Behaviour of \latinfamily », Sebastian Rahtz écrit : «
»
» unless i am going mad, XXXXc8a files with small caps wont be used by
» fontinst. its a sort of bug.

and that was the beginning of my non using \latinfamily...

In fact, you could do it in fontinst (a nice exercise to see if your
documentation is effective!): you should define a \fake_shape_c  that
converts names of the c8a font to adobe conventions (a -> Asmall),
etc, and use them...

I've found much more convenient to rename c8a.afm files (c7d indeed
(with OsF)) to 8x.afm with a sed script that changes the glyph names
accordingly, then to install the font as expert.

Th.