[edutex] Shift in focus of this list

Boris Veytsman borisv at lk.net
Tue Aug 2 16:58:17 CEST 2016

JB> From: Johannes Böttcher <johannesbottcher at gmail.com>
JB> Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 15:15:29 +0200

JB> Off-topic: A professor requiring a student to use a special software is
JB> wrong. A professor encouraging a student to use a special (hopefully
JB> good) software is good.

I had a bunch of students in my class who turned out homeworks
obviously typeset it TeX.  It seems they took a course in a related
subject taught by a professor who wanted to post lecture notes for his
own website, but did not have time to type them himself.  He wrote his
lectures in long hand and gave extra credits to students who would key
them in LaTeX.

--
Good luck

-Boris

Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?