[dviout] Settings of dviout in TeX Live

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Aug 29 04:55:51 CEST 2013

Dear all, especially Tomek and Yusuke,

(please keep me in Cc, I am not subscribed to the dviout list)

On So, 25 Aug 2013, KUROKI Yusuke wrote:
> Solution is as follows:
> - patches the attached runscript.tlu.patch to bin/win32/runscript.tlu, and
> - put the attached install.par in 2013/tlpkg/dviout directory.
> When a user saves the settings on each TAB of dviout -> Option ->
> Setup Parameters,

[and pressing the "Save" button ;-) ]

> the settings on the TAB are saved in the registry of the user:
> it is desired operation of dviout.

I agree with your proposal.

On Di, 27 Aug 2013, T T wrote:
> What I meant, is that we don't want to manage the stuff in the
> registry for other programs (not directly developed/maintained by us).

I agree also with that, but we as *TeX Live* do *not* add anything
to the registry.

The *user* who saves his settings is changing the registry,
I consider this fine and definitely within our packaging
paradigm.

I thus propose to include the changes laid out by Yusuke. I have
tested them myself with success.

Tomek, Karl, Reinhard: if you disagree, please give arguments.
The argument about registry is not valid for me, as we do not
manage it at all.

Norbert