[dviout] dviout font rendering glitch on windows

Beuthe, Thomas beuthet at aecl.ca
Fri Aug 13 20:03:35 CEST 2010

UNRESTRICTED | ILLIMITÉ

Thanks you for your excellent, detailed and very prompt reply.
I have the honour of being the first post to the mailing list!

At first I tried to follow the procedure exactly as you had written.
I ran dviout without actually looking at a file because I thought this is
what you meant, and followed the rest of the above procedure.

Then, I displayed an actual dvi file, but file was still messed up.

So, I went through the above procedure,
but this time while displaying the actual file.
When I got to step 8, the file displayed properly. (And I was very happy!)

After this I exited and saved as outlined in step (9).

When I got back into the file, it was still displayed properly.

If I got back out and recompiled the file, and then displayed it again,
it also displayed properly.

If I compiled another file, and got into dviout, it also displayed properly,
so it looks like everything is working now.

One last question:  When I now look at the "Font2" tab, the "ttf" parameter
value is displayed as 1 (not zero the way it was set), but dviout continues
to display the files correctly anyway.
Why is this? (I'm just curious.)

Thanks again for everything!

Thomas

CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED INFORMATION NOTICE

This e-mail, and any attachments, may contain information that
is confidential, subject to copyright, or exempt from disclosure.
Any unauthorized review, disclosure, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of or reliance on this information
may be unlawful and is strictly prohibited.

AVIS D'INFORMATION CONFIDENTIELLE ET PRIVILÉGIÉE

Le présent courriel, et toute pièce jointe, peut contenir de
l'information qui est confidentielle, régie par les droits
d'auteur, ou interdite de divulgation. Tout examen,
divulgation, retransmission, diffusion ou autres utilisations
non autorisées de l'information ou dépendance non autorisée
envers celle-ci peut être illégale et est strictement interdite.