[accessibility] [BlindMath] LaTeX textbooks

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 20:36:35 CEST 2023

Hi Michael

A very good question. I've forwarded your request for help to the Board of
the TeX Users Group, the TUG accessibility list, and the LaTeX Team.
Perhaps they can provide further information, and encourage publishers to
provide such sources. They might also be able to encourage authors to
retain and make available such sources.

By the way, arxiv.org publishes the LaTeX article source they have, under
the "Other formats" link on article pages.

Readers outside the US might not know of the Chafee Amendment, which
provides a copyright exception for "Reproduction for blind or other people
with disabilities."
https://www.loc.gov/nls/about/organization/laws-regulations/copyright-law-amendment-1996-pl-104-197/

with kind regards

Jonathan