[twg-tds] Question: how to include an image file in a document class?

Lei Ye lei at uow.edu.au
Mon Sep 14 06:07:14 CEST 2015

Hi, Reinhard

The uowthesis package is installed with the MiKTeX Package Manager.

The UoWlogo.png went to doc/latex/uowthesis/, therefore

kpsewhich UoWlogo.png

returns nothing.

kpsewhich UoWthesis.cls

returns

C:/Users/lei/AppData/Roaming/MiKTeX/2.9/tex/latex/uowthesis/UoWthesis.cls

It's my first time to know \graphicspath is deprecated.

In the following scenario, what is the best way to do it.

I first have a subfolder call images/ to hold my figures and have 100

\includegraphics{images/myimage.png}

Then later I decide to change the hosting folder to figures/. Instead of
replacing "images/" in all 100 \includegraphics commands, what is a
better way to do it?

>From time to time, we provide some advice to students on how to do
things in Latex for their papers and theses. It would be good to have a
published document to refer to on the deprecation of \graphicspath so
that we can suggest them to avoid deprecated constructs.

Regards,
Lei