[twg-tds] afm2pl and <texmf>/fonts/lig

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Feb 8 12:32:31 CET 2004

At 00:52 08/02/2004, Karl Berry wrote:
>       - other programs might want to make use of these files some day;
>         we should have learned our lesson from e.g. enc files
>
>For that reason, I wonder about simply fonts/lig (no afm2pl).
>
>Looking at the .lig files in the afm2pl distribution, they are
>apparently normal mf syntax.
>http://www.cybercomm.nl/~siepo/afm2pl/afm2pl-src-0.6.tgz

so maybe put the files in /ligs/mf and have the search path set up as
ligs// (as thomas suggested)

is there a philosophy for goin sub-path? personally i find

   texmf/fonts/ligs/whatever.lig
   texmf/fonts/ligs/xyx/another.lig

confusing and prefer things like

   texmf/fonts/ligs/generic/whatever.lig
   texmf/fonts/ligs/xyx/another.lig

(same for map/enc paths, generic or base instead of mixed parent/child)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE/POD/CTS