[twg-tds] tds draft for fonts/enc and fonts/map

Karl Berry karl@freefriends.org
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:09:55 -0500

    > A "stupid newbie question" that you may (or may not) wish to provide
    > an answer for: why do both fontmaps and fonts/map exist?

    s/fontmap/fontname/

    But the question remains: both are "font map files" of some kind.

The only reference to fontname that I see is in the example of the doc/
subdirectory.  I think that's ok?  The real files from fontname should
be installed in the new fonts/enc and fonts/map.  I added a sentence to
that effect.

I want to add some more links to the document, but are there any other
comments on the actual content?  Do we need to say any more about the
new subdirs?

I'll make one more draft after I figure out the links, but then I am
tempted to make it version 1.0, any objection?

Thanks,
karl

http://tug.org/tds/