.bib/.bst package subdirectories

K. Berry TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu
Fri, 20 Oct 1995 17:20:23 -0400

    I guess the need for a subdivision wasn't that much apparent as in the case
    of texmf/tex, but it's true that it would be better not to throw packages
    from various sources all in one directory.

Is it worth it? The thing is, unlike macro packages, .bib and .bst files
are generally independent, and also often not released as a unit.

I don't know. I suppose it's more consistent. I haven't made this change
in the current draft, but I'm not opposed to the idea.

    The only problem that might
    occur is that various BibTeX database handling software might not be up
    to path searching yet as it is the case with BibTeX itself.

I don't think that's sufficient reason.