Feeling uncomfortable with designation `public'

K. Berry TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu
Mon, 9 Oct 1995 10:16:21 -0400

    I'd ask you to register a foudry
    jknappen in the TDS tree.

I don't think it's a matter for TDS, but rather for fontname.
The TDS standards document itself is not the place to try to register
every existing name. (There's no mention of `bitstream', for example.)

I've added jknappen to fontname's supplier.map.

What is fc, out of curiousity?

      If you use the Sauter tools you probably don't want to maintain a `split
    distribution' of Computer Modern, with one part under knuth/cm/tfm another
    under ams/cm/tfm and a third under sauter/cm/tfm.

That is precisely how I do maintain them :-).
It's actually feasible to do this automatically with kpsewhich or some such.

Anyway, I don't see any need for a `sauter' supplier, unless John
himself requests such. They can just go under public. Ditto `knuth'; we
had that discussion long ago, and I don't see that anything's changed.

I've added a `sauter' directory in fontname's special.map, as a nod
towards registering it.