tds 0.99

Pierre MacKay TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu
Fri, 6 Oct 1995 11:28:21 -0700

Locally I hit that problem all the time, and I simply rename the offending
files, and the small number of calls to them in driver files.

I wouldn't redistribute them without consulting the author first, but
I have found that authors are often very amenable to the suggestion
that romanl.mf might in such a case be named aoromanl.mf

If a hypothetical aoromanl.mf is needed for compilation using a DEK
driver file, a symbolic link in the output directory will take
care of that with any normal paths.  Of course you want to get
rid of the link before the next refresh of ls-R.

I am rather opposed to the notion of dialect forms of well-known files
like romanl.mf floating around the system.

%=======================================================================%
|                             N O T I C E                               |
|  Please note the changes in address and telephone number below.       |
|  There is no Northwest Computing Support Center any longer.           |
|  Until further notice, I shall be continuing to provide tape          |
|  distributions  and whatever other services I can.                    |
Email concerned with UnixTeX distribution software may be sent
To:     mackay@cs.washington.edu		Pierre A. MacKay
Smail:  Department of Classics			Emeritus Druid for
	Denny Hall, Mail Stop DH-10		Unix-flavored TeX
	University of Washington
	Seattle, WA 98195
	(206) 543-2268 (Message recorder)