Re: TrueType & Fontname

    f there were to be a new fontname scheme for TeX, then I would
    recommend basing it on something inherent in the font - not
    invented.  In the case of Type 1 fonts this could be the PS FontName
    (not Full Name or Family Name) - plus encoding.

Fonts have been available under their PostScript names (from the *.map
files) for years now.  No one I know of uses those names, though.

I agree (and agreed from the beginning) that 8 characters is
insufficient.  Anything that can be done would be good :).

I really am not the one to drive this any more.  Anyone else (Lars,
Werner, Vladimir, ...) will be more qualified and have more need to work
it out :).