Re: fontinst 1.801 -- still worse

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999 20:24:15 +0200 (CEST), Ulrik Vieth wrote:

>\transfromfont{phvr8r} writes out phvr8r.mtx and a raw phvr8r.pl
>
>\installrawfont{phvr8r} writes out a ligfull phvr8r.pl including
>the special TeX-specific ligatures specified in 8r.etx, i.e. things
>like using -- for endash,`` for quotedblleft, `! for exclamdown, etc.

Thank you very much for this clear explanation. :-))

There is, however, a minor problem:

Faked math fonts may internally be made up from 8r fonts, e.g.
the sources of my mathpple fonts have:

\transformfont{pplr8r} {\reencodefont{8r}{\fromafm{pplr8a}}}
\installfont{zppler7t}
   {pplr8r,gceurm10,latin,unsetppl,kernoff,cmr10 scaled 1042}
   {OT1}{OT1}{zpple}{m}{n}{}

It was reported to me that a dvi file using such vf's would
trigger a problem with DVItoMP, most probably because a
different pplr8r (the ligfull one) with a different checksum
was "known" (?) to DVItoMP:

>dvitomp XX.dvi XX.mpx
>DVItoMP warning: Checksum mismatch for pplr8r

I have developed the the mathpple fonts, so I have to ask:
What can I do about this?

TIA

Walter